The Body Shop Aloe Vera Range


Hello melonpuffs~ I'm SO SORRY for not uploading a post for 2 weeks! :( I got really sick last last Thursday night but I'm sure you do not want the details of what happened hahaha. It literally took me a week to get better and I am oh so glad to be sick-free :3 I had my friend's 21st birthday party last Saturday so spent all of Thursday and Friday getting everything ready which is why I didn't have time to post anything last week as well >< 

Anywhoo back to the main topic. This post is just a really quick and short summary about some products from The Body Shop's Aloe Vera range :) I've had these products for quiiite a while and it's taking me ages to use up >< Because I have sensitive skin, Aloe Vera is the option I usually go for just because I know my skin won't react to it and feel inflamed. 

My skin used to have a lot of redness but I'm pretty sure after using these products in my morning and night routines, I haven't had any redness on my face whatsoever :o I can't guarantee that it'll work for everyone though :( 


Toner 
This toner does a good job at removing any remaining traces of makeup on your skin after cleansing. It doesn't cause me any breakouts and doesn't irritate my skin :) I don't reaaally like this toner but I need to use it anyway hahaha just cause I need to finish it before I can start using my chia-seed one from The Faceshop >< 200ml is A LOT. 

Mask
Okay, so I totally have NO IDEA why I got this...I think it was because I didn't have any masks and went for this because it was part of the range ._. Basically you massage this onto your skin and that's it :D It doesn't say you need to wash it off so I don't (lol). I've only used this a few times since I've got it mainly because I always forget to use masks or am too lazy to bother ._. 

Serum
This is my second bottle of the protective serum so it must mean it was good enough for me to purchase again...I like how it's a pump bottle so you don't have to dip your fingers into anything. I usually use one pump and that's enough to cover my whole face. It just acts as a pre-moisturiser and I make sure to use this for both my morning and night routine. It feels really good on the skin...soothes and cools :) 

Day cream 
Basically this is just a moisturiser for use in the day time but I would advise you to get either this or just the lotion - don't need both~ I use this on days when it's sunny so I can apply sunscreen on top. I've had this for quite a while and you can see I haven't used that much of it....

Night cream
If you can't tell already, THIS IS THE BEST :D It's already my second tub and I've nearly finished it! This is the night cream and omg...this is a great product. Whenever my skin feels inflamed or has reacted to something, I'll apply this and it immediately soothes my skin. If there is one product from this Aloe range that you should get, it's this one. 

Lotion
Like I said above, you only need either the day cream or the lotion :) The lotion is SPF15 though so it's good for people who don't want to put sunscreen over the top. I usually apply this on days when it's raining or cloudy because the SPF is enough to cover me for a day without the sun (lazy me) 

Eye cream 
 
I'm not a fan of this eye cream because it's SO watery. Ugh...I can't really think of anything good to say about it other than it being a pump head. Along with it being watery, I feel it doesn't do much as well (but I like to think it does xD). 

I also have the gentle exfoliator from this range but forgot to take a photo of it because it's in my bathroom >< Like its name, it is veery gentle on the skin. You can feel the beads but no matter how hard you massage it (not a smart idea to try rub it very hard on your skin though), it won't damage your skin. 

Sorry about this post being super simple and short. The product I would purchase again is probably the night cream only because I want to try more products from other brands rather than sticking to the same one even though these products make my skin sooo smooth. The first time I used these products together I was so shocked at how smooth my skin became that I would catch myself touching my face and being like "oooh soo soft" (weird, i know xD) 

If you have sensitive skin, definitely try out the night cream! It's amaazing.

Take care, Melissa ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment